We are proud of the services we are able to offer from our Centre in New England.
In addition to those services featured by the links opposite, where you can find more information, we offer a number of other services as follows:
- Charity Shops: Our care and share shops offer a range of quality clothing, , shoes, furnishings/linen, household goods, small electrical items, books/CD/DVDs and furniture (New England shop only). Donations of items for sale are always needed. Collection of large furniture items can be considered. Please note we are prevented by regulation from accepting large electrical items e.g. Fridges, Washing Machines or non-fire retardant suites. See Contact Us page for phone numbers and locations.
- Day Centre: We operate a (referral only service) Day Centre each Tuesday and Thursday where clients enjoy a range of activities, including local trips, providing a warm, friendly, stimulating and supporting environment.
- Food Bank: In collaboration with the Trussell Trust a food bank operates from our Hall on a Monday lunchtime between the hours of 12:30 - 14:30.
- Luncheon Club: Every Tuesday and Thursday we serve a hot wholesome 3 course luncheon - aimed at those over 60 years of age. Places are limited and need to be booked in advance.
- CAMEO Club: The Come And Meet Each Other club, which is open to all, meets on a Thursday afternoon. It provides a forum for friendship, chat and an opportunity to engage in various craft based activities. (Subject to a small charge to cover materials and refreshments.)
- Welfare Assistance: On the basis of referral from Social Services we supply furniture, furnishings, clothing, food and support to those of our community in need. In addition we can offer emergency support as needed.
- Hire of Hall: With some limitations, we hire out various rooms of our modern well equipped suite of buildings, to the community. This can be for meetings, large and small, training events, seminars, services, including AV facilities and light refreshments as may be required. More info and to make an enquiry click here.
- Light Project - Night Shelter: In conjunction with 6 other churches in Peterborough we provide a refuge for the homeless over the winter period from December thru' February. We take responsibility for Monday night with up to 10 guests. There are opportunities to volunteer to help - email contact
Review of our work in 2017/18
To learn more about how we can help you, how you can help us and how we can build a better community together, click on any of the relevant links.